General English

Fill in each blank with the correct form of the verb given within brackets.
1. We ............... (go) to the pictures when we met them.
2. She ............... (leave) for Canada tomorrow.
3. He is a clerk. He ............... (work) in a firm.
4.We ...............(see) an interesting film yesterday.
5.We ............... (expect) some friends for dinner tonight.
6. I ............... (want) to see you yesterday but you didn't turn up.
7. He ............... (work) in a firm for the last fifteen years.
8. The house is closed. They ............... (go) out.
9. I ............... (have) a bath when I heard a loud noise.
10. They were playing hockey when it ............... (start) raining.
11. They are not here. They ............... (come) in a few minutes.
12. The principal is busy. He ............... (write) a letter.
13. She ............... (teach) at this school for the last twenty years.
14. I ............... (leave) school next year.
15. The servant ............... (sweep) the room daily.
16. We ............... (come) to school before the bell rang.
17. My mother ................ just ................. (finish) cooking.
18. I ............... (do) my homework before I went to bed.
19. She said that she ............... (lose) her pen.
20. He buys and ............... (sell) cars.
21. I ............................ (wait) half an hour for the bus. It hasn't come yet.
22. I ............... (pay) you the money before the end of this month.
23. The child ............... (cry) . She is hungry.
24. By next year I ............... (pass) my examination.
25. He ............... (visit) his aunt once a month.
26. By the end of this year we ............... (finish) our syllabus.
27. He said that he ............... (sell) his house a year ago.
28. He ............... (buy) a TV set next week.
29. The thief ............... (escape) before the police arrived.
30. It ................ (rain) for the last two hours.

Comments