GENERAL ENGLISH


         

               
Fill in each blank with can, could, could have or was/were able to.
1.      1.  …………… you show me the way to the post office?
2.      2.  She …………… cook well.
3.      3.  My work is over .I …………… go home now.
4.      4.  I …………… drive a car earlier. Now, I can’t, after the accident.
5.      5.  The sea is not rough today. You …………… go for a swim.
6.      6.  I ............... lend you some money.
7.      7.  I …………… help you, but you didn’t ask me.
8.      8.  When he was young, he …………… run very fast.
9.      9.   He was sick, but he …………… do some work.
1      10. He was good in mathematics at school. He …………… do any sum.
1      11. He …………… passed the examination, but he didn’t study hard.
1     12. He was very strong when he was young. He …………… bend even an iron bar.
1     13. He was weak, but he …………… run.
1     14.  She …………… play tennis a few years ago.
        15.  We …………… speak French, when we were in France.
1     16.   I …………… give you a lift in my car.
1     17.  I …………… not speak Tamil earlier.  Now I can.
1     18.  It was dark, but we …………… see the house.
1     19.  She …………… dance well before she married.
2     20.   …………… you please help me ?

Comments